Your parents will have to help you with this project. Even though this project is easy once you get going, it requires the use of tools to complete (hammer and nails).
What You Need:
- Old car or electronic parts
- Clear tubes
- Old wires
- Old board
- Hammer and nails
- Clear plastic jars or containers
- Fake hand
- Plastic skull, bugs, snakes, rats or whatever you like
- Red food coloring
- Old fish aquarium pump
- Old jars of baby food (or small containers)
- Garlic powder, tobascco sauce, green ketchup, grated Parmesan cheese, cold spaghetti, anything else smelly or gross looking.
- Colored Christmas lights (red and green are great)
What To Do:
- Take old car parts, wires, and tubes and nailed them in creative ways to a board. Leave a big enough space in the middle to place a fake hand.
- In the middle place a fake plastic hand. Stick some of the wires and tubes into the hand. You can even paint the inside of clear plastic tubes different colors (green is always good). Fake blood dripping down is a great effect!
- Take an old clear plastic container or jar. Place a fake plastic skull inside the container. Add bugs, snakes, rats, toads or anything else you can think of inside. Add water until the container is about three quarters full. Put in a drop or two of red food coloring. All you want here is a pink color NOT red.
- Take an old fish aquarium pump and place a plastic hose down, under the plastic skull. Turn it on. The air bubbles pass around the head and make it look like it is boiling or reacting with chemicals in the water.
- Take the baby jars and paint them black, orange, green, red. Place things in each container for your friends to either see or smell. Garlic powder (labeled Vampire Killer), tobascco sauce (labeled Slug Juice), green ketchup (labeled Alien Blood), grated parmesan cheese (labeled Mummy Dust), cold spaghetti (labeled Toads Guts), burnt matches (labeled Bats Hair), or pepper corns (labeled Witches Warts). use white labels for the jars and don’t make your writing neat. Shaky writing is best.
- The last thing you need to do is to add some light to your lab. Add light anywhere you think it will look eerie. Definitely add a white light behind the skull in the jar.